Tips to save energy
Here are some easy ways to save energy and reduce your carbon footprint.
At a time of increased electricity prices and the risk of electricity shortages in southern Sweden this winter, we all have to keep our electricity consumption down.
For Tunabyggen, the costs of electricity, heating and hot water which are included in your rent will increase drastically. So every small saving for individual tenants as well as in the shared spaces could be worth a lot in the end.
If we help each other, we can make a big difference, to the benefit of ourselves and our environment!
- Don't place large furniture or curtains in front of the radiator.
- Keep the room vents clean and don't shut them.
- Ventilate quickly with cross drafts instead of leaving your window open for a long time.
- Draught-proof windows and doors: Check your sealing strips around windows and balcony doors! If they are broken or missing, contact the Error Report.
- Put on some warmer clothes indoors instead of using extra radiators or a fan in your room.
- Turn down the thermostat on your radiator when you don't need the heat.
- Set your computer on energy saving mode.
- Switch off standby and switch off your computer, TV etc. when you don't use them.
- Use LED-lights and turn off lights when your'e not in the room.
- Heat your food in the microwave instead of in the oven.
- Use a lid on the pan, and it will boil faster.
- Turn the coffee maker off and pour the coffee into a thermos instead.
- Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator instead of in the microwave, and allow hot food to cool before refrigerating or freezing.
- Fill your dishwasher. Do not wash by hand under running water, use a sink plug instead.
- Careful with your washing: Use low temperatures and fill the washer. Avoid the tumble dryer!
- Swap your bath for a quick shower.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth.
- Contact the error report if a tap is dripping or a toilet is running.